CHICKEN BOARDING @ THE COSY COOP
As chicken owners ourselves we understand how difficult it can be to take family holidays when you own chickens, whether just one or several birds. Arranging for someone to let your chickens out in the morning, supplying food and water, fresh grass and then to safely shut them up at night can be difficult.
Problem solved ! Let us look after your chickens, ducks, guinea fowl, geese and quails, just as we do our own, so that you can holiday knowing your chickens are in safe hands.
We use plastic coops for the best hygiene standards and these are placed within a fully enclosed run. Both are moved to fresh grass when needed.
We will provide layers pellets & fresh water all day, and corn in the afternoon. We use shredded paper as bedding which is routinely changed throughout your hens stay with us.
We currently have coops and runs suitable for up to 4, up to 8 and even an extra large for up to 12 chickens. We allocate coops on number of chicken or ducks and coop availability.
To all our loyal customers…..
The COSY COOP CHICKEN BOARDING will be relocating over August and September 2018.
The new owners of the Cosy Coop will be Lucy Burton Lloyd and Richard Lloyd who live just 3 miles away from Wish End Farm in Three Cups, near Punnetts Town at a beautiful location called Abbots Mead.
Lucy and Richard have a similar smallholding and set up to ourselves here at Wish End Farm, with their own chickens, ducks, sheep and pigs so they are already very familiar with looking after their own livestock.
We have already been working very closely with Lucy and Richard to ensure that there will be a smooth transfer and to highlight all the key aspects of the Cosy Coop business and service.
We are taking bookings and will try to accommodate your poultry at either Wish End Farm or Abbotts Mead. We will also take bookings for September onwards for the new location of Abbotts Mead.
During the period from 12th August to 2nd September, a number of customers will remain boarded at the Wish End Farm location with others being boarded at the Abbots Mead location with Lucy and Richard.
Wendy & Jonathan
Up to 3 chicken per day in one coop £5.00
4 Chicken per day in one coop £6.25
5 Chicken per day in one coop £7.50
6 Chicken per day in one coop £8.75
7 Chicken per day in one coop £10.00
8 Chicken per day in one coop £11.25
9 Chicken per day in one coop £12.50
10 Chicken per day in one coop £13.75
11 Chicken per day in one coop £15.00
12 Chicken per day in one coop £16.25
For any one single booking over 14 days a 20% Discount will be applied for any additional days.
We do not charge any more for holiday seasons.
If you require us to look after your birds for 8 weeks or more please contact us for a quote at long term rates.
To check availability please contact us.
Please note our Terms & Conditions
- All chickens will be inspected on arrival. We reserve the right to refuse admission to chicken if they are showing signs of infectious disease, injury or are in poor condition. In order to protect all poultry on our farm, chicken may be treated with an anti-mite product on arrival, if we deem it necessary.
- Your chickens will be kept together in their own coops and a secure run, away from our own brood of chickens. The coops are made from thick recycled plastic which enables us to completely clean and sanitise the coops in between different chicken guests. Your chickens will not have the free range of the farmland nor will they mix with other poultry. The coop will be cleaned when necessary during the stay and the coop and run will be moved onto fresh grass regularly.
- The coop will be opened early morning and fresh water and food will be supplied. Mixed corn will be fed during the day. As dusk falls we will make sure your chickens are in the coop and that it is secure for the night. You are welcome to leave your own food and feeders if you prefer, otherwise we will provide our own feeders which will be cleaned and sanitised between chicken guests.
- We CANNOT be held responsible for any loss or damage to your chicken whilst in our care due to circumstances outside our control. We will, however, secure the chicken and look after them to the best of our ability.
- If one of your chickens becomes ill we will take it to the vet of your choice within 10 miles of our location, if you have instructed us to do so when you drop your chickens off with us. Any vet costs and mileage costs will be your responsibility. We will, of course, try to contact you for your instructions before taking any chickens to the vet.
- Charges are per day, part days will be charged at full day rate .A 25% deposit will be required from you on booking. The deposit will be used as part payment. Balance payment will be due in full on delivery of your birds to us. Sorry we cannot accept credit or debit cards. Payment should be in cash or cheque.
- Please advise time of drop off and collection. If you have any travel delays please call to advise us. If the coop is not booked we will keep your chicken in that coop. If the coop is booked we may need to move your chicken to a wooden coop and run that we have spare. Additional days will be charged for each day the birds are not collected beyond the original agreed date.
- Chickens must be delivered in secure cardboard boxes (with ventilation holes) or in pet carriers, clearly marked with your name. You may leave these with us for re-use on collection if you wish. If you advice us of the time of collection we will try to have your chicken ready in the boxes for your arrival.
- We can keep eggs for your return if you instruct us to do so.
- If your chicken are not collected within seven days of the agreed collection date and you have not contacted us to agree an extension we will assume ownership.